Fly away with some of the best seats in the sky with Southwest Airlines Flights. Get a chance to compare your flight prices with our innovative search engine and getaway with prices that meet your budget. Make your reservations today with Southwest Airlines to enjoy endless travel benefits.
Here are some interesting facts about Bermuda you should know:
- Bermuda is a British Overseas territory located along the North Atlantic Ocean.
- Bermuda comprises about 181 islands, cays, and islets. The largest among these islands is known as the Main Island.
- Bermuda is a self-governing region with its own cabinet of selected ministers, its own constitution that enact local laws.
- Bermuda ranks at the top with the highest GDP per capita income.
- The word Bermuda has been derived after the name of a Spanish sailor- Juan de Bermudez who discovered the island around 1505.
- Bermuda’s eight larger islands are largely connected by bridges, Town Hill is the tallest peak on Main Island.
- It is home to the Bermuda Triangle –a region of the sea where a number of aircraft and surface vessels have mysteriously disappeared and the reason remains largely unexplained, unknown till today.
- Bermuda experiences a tropical rainforest climate where the nearby Gulf experiences warmer temperatures.
- Bermuda practices an interesting mix of culture with its roots from the Spanish Caribbean, English, Native American, Irish and Scots culture from the 17th century. There is a strong influence of the Afro Caribbean and the British culture.
- Christianity is the largest religion in Bermuda and the rest of the population follows Muslims.
- Some of the most popular attractions in Bermuda include Horseshoe Bay, Tobacco Bay, Crystal and Fantasy Caves, Gibb’s Hill Lighthouse, National Museum of Bermuda, Bermuda Aquarium, Museum and Zoo, Elbow Beach, Front Street, etc.
If you are interested in reading more blogs and articles on some of the hottest destinations check out Southwest Airlines Official Site today.